Westlake tires are owned by a Chinese company named Hangzhou Zhongce Rubber Co. Ltd and manufactured in a cutting-edge Chinese facility. Westlakes are low budget tires for sedans, SUVs, CUVs, and light trucks. Hangzhou Zhongce has spent over five decades creating tires for vehicles in North America and have a solid reputation for delivering high quality tires at a reasonable price.
Their standard tires for cars and minivans come with a range of features, including:
- Non-directional tread patterns to improve handling, traction and facilitate rotation
- Circumferential grooves to provide efficient water dispersion
- Low tire noise compared to other tires of a similar class/price range
- Improved handling and longer tread-life thanks to advanced designs and high quality production materials
Westlake tires for trucks, SUVs, and Crossover vehicles comes with above mentioned features but with extra load index and off-road capability. The company offers All-Terrain and Mud-Terrain tires that offer great traction in any terrain including mud, rock, dirt, and sand. Westlake aims to make your ride enjoyable in both on-road and off-road conditions.
Westlake also manufactures winter tires for regions with snow and icy conditions. Here’s what you can expect from their winter tires:
- Tread compounds that remain pliable on the cold roads
- Siping in tread blocks to bite deep into snow and ice
- Open shoulders and circumferential grooves for expelling water and sustaining efficiency in slushy conditions
Westlake line of products also includes bus and truck radial tires for individual owners and fleets. These tires come with deep treads, meaning that they last longer and don’t need to be changed as often. Every bias truck tire and OTR tire features:
- Strong sidewalls to resist punctures and boost durability
- Special tread compounds for commercial vehicles to ensure treads last longer and have better fuel efficiency
- Double steel belts provide improved puncture resistance and more stability when towing